Saturday, March 5, 2011

Birth Horror Stories


I wasn't young when I had Elsie.  Most of my friends already had kids - so I'd heard a few birth stories.  I knew that there would be lots of people at the birth and that some of them would be wearing gumboots.  I'd heard about tearing, episiotomies, forceps, vacuum suction, stitches, emergency Cesareans and mastitis.  I knew that I should ask for an epidural immediately or risk missing out.  I'd been warned.   

My second baby is due very soon.  Have you ever noticed how people (no, wait, women) can't wait to tell you the most horrific stories about birth when they see you're about to have a baby?  Most of the time it's not a personal story - it's about a "friend" or a "friend of a friend".   Where do they get these stories from?  And why do they think I want to know?  Stop it!  I'm not listening!  LAAAA LAAAA LAAAA.... 

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, so true. Just discovered this lovely little space you have here and oh my, I have been admiring your photographs with a cup of tea in hand this morning. What a beautiful part of the world to live in...x

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete